Tuesday 6 December 2011

Day 8 - Least Favourite Super Special

I realise I haven't updated this in a few days. Apologies, but sadly university work has to come before the Baby-Sitters Club! I know, it's shocking, isn't it? 


30 Days of the Baby-Sitters Club
Day 8 - Least Favourite Super Special

This was difficult for me as I don't remember any Super Specials that I particularly disliked. There are a few that I don't have terribly strong memories of, such as the book that took place at Shadow Lake, but none that I have bad memories of from my childhood. However, I did read Here Come the Bridesmaids! for the first time last year and found the story quite contrived. To be honest, most of the Super Specials are pretty contrived but sometimes reading a children's book for the first time as an adult can make you pick up on these things easier, without the smokescreen of nostalgia! I remember actually getting bored with the California part of the story and preferring the parts set in Stoneybrook with Stacey, and by the end of the book I felt like this plot would have worked a lot better as a regular series book told from the point of view of Dawn. I did enjoy this story as it was pretty fun, but it would probably have to be my least favourite of the Super Specials.

Also, I actually have a US copy of this book, but I love the cover-art for the UK edition so I had to use it on this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment