Monday 27 December 2010

A Hickory Ridge Christmas - Dana Corbit

A minister's daughter and unwed teen mother: five years ago Hannah Woods had been the talk of Hickory Ridge. Her little girl was the light of her life, though Hannah was unable to forgive the one who'd loved her--and then left.

Todd McBride had left town a boy and returned a man with a quest: to find the woman he still adored and ask for a second chance. But Hannah's secret--a child he'd never known about--threw his plans into a tailspin. 

With Christmas rapidly approaching, it seemed the time for love and forgiveness was at hand...

There's not a lot I can say about this book. This was the kind of novel that you could read without needing to concentrate much, easy to put down and pick up again. I did enjoy it, but there wasn't anything original or special about it and I never really connected with the characters. And while I'm a Christian and generally enjoy inspirational fiction, it seemed as if God was mentioned on every single page of this book! I would have loved to have known how the characters felt, not how they thought God wanted them to feel. If the author had got inside the characters' heads a bit more and toned down the often unneeded and slightly forced references to God I would probably have enjoyed this more. While I'll probably try a couple more Love Inspired books, I wouldn't go out of my way to read anything else from this author. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment