Monday 15 November 2010

Shout out for Amish fans!

Many of my followers will be aware of the Fans of Amish Fiction group at GoodReads. (If not, get over there!) We discuss our favourite authors and books from the genre and discover new ones, as well as discussing a book together each month. We've even been fortunate enough to have the wonderful authors Marta Perry and Barbara Cameron join in with our discussions! At the moment we're reading Barbara Cameron's debut novel A Time to Love, which I reviewed a few months ago. From my experience, the authors in this particular genre are incredibly generous both with their wealth of knowledge on the subject and their desire to bless us with books! As an example of this, I'd like to direct you to a giveaway that author Gayle Roper is holding at my friend Jodie's blog All Things Amish. Jodie is a fellow GoodReader who has just started blogging about the Amish, aiming to provide all the essential information about the genre on one website. I encourage you to check out the giveaway and read the interviews with Gayle! 

I'd also like to give a little shout out to my fellow Amish GoodReads bloggers: Camille, Diane, Brenda, Lorie, Kristy, Jodie, Liz and Sam. Check out their blogs; you may discover some excellent new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment