Wednesday 10 November 2010

A Celebration of the Simple Life - Wanda E. Brunstetter

Join Brunstetter in celebrating the simple life of the Plain People! Pairing devotional readings and Scripture from the KJV with her original poetry, this gift book encourages you to reflect on your attitudes, responsibilities, and Christian duty in light of the Amish philosophy of simplicity. A breath of fresh air for those under stress! 

Such a lovely little book, I only wish I could have held the real thing rather than an eBook. This is a wonderful devotional that I know I'd love to own. There are over thirty reflections under the headings "Attitude", "Responsibility" and "Christian Duty" on subjects such as "A Humble Attitude" and "Responsibility to Fellowship." Each reflection includes a poem from Wanda Brunstetter, a Bible verse, a note from Brunstetter relating the scripture to an example in the Amish lifestyle and a small prayer. This is all completed with absolutely stunning photography that will simply take your breath away; I simply cannot emphasise enough how beautiful these pictures are. Although I'm not a fan of Brunstetter's fictional work, she does have a wealth of knowledge about the Amish and I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the Amish or loves reading novels about them or anyone who just wants to simplify their life. This would make the perfect gift or stocking filler as it isn't particularly large or expensive. I only wish I'd known about this when I was making my Christmas list! 10/10

Many thanks to Barbour and NetGalley for giving me the chance to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment